Part of maintaining a healthy work and life balance, for me, is checking in periodically with my joy meter. Specifically, I look at how I’m spending my time and measure if it’s a true reflection of my priorities and what brings me joy. Recently I came to four conclusions:
- God has blessed me with many things, including an amazing family and beautiful life. I want to make sure I don’t EVER take this for granted! Whatever I do, it has to have plenty of room for God, my family and friends.
- I love helping people with their writing needs. Whether it’s help with a resume, professional bio, business plan, or website, this makes me happy. And I know it brings me joy because I absolutely love words.
- I love public relations, branding and copywriting. It’s why I am still very happy with my career choice.
- Blogging excites me. Yes, excites me. I enjoy sharing with others in a non-judgmental way. In a “this worked for me, maybe it’ll work for you” way. In a “you’re not alone” way.
These conclusions led me to the following changes:
- I’m going to use this website, towandalong.com, as my consultant website. Instead of sharing work-life balance and parenting tips, updates here will be about presenting your best self online and on paper, and services I provide.
- All parenting and work-life balance tips will be on my other blog, momofgirls.com. Old posts will stay here, though I may update a few for MomOfGirls. This change will help me do more of #2 above, and streamline #4.
- I am going to entertain more. I’ve been slack in this area lately, mostly because life keeps happening and I’ve been sidetracked. But, I’m making this a priority, and I’ll share some of this on social media and on MomOfGirls.
I thank you so much for all of your support and love. I hope you’ll support momofgirls.com by visiting the site and signing up for email notifications.
I hope you’ll stick around here, too!
Forever grateful, Towanda